Board and Train Programs
During any of Sarasota Dog Wizard Board and Train Programs your dog or puppy will live with one of our highly skilled trainers in our training home for consistent one-on-one training to build a solid foundation of confidence, obedience and socialization. Daily training sessions are tailored to the specific needs of you and your dog and may include lessons at high-distraction locations such as local parks, coffee shops, restaurants and more depending on your dog’s comfort level. Included transition training sessions provide you the knowledge to take over training when your dog comes home. Progress videos, photos and reports provided directly and on social media.
What will your dog learn?
Our board and train programs are tailored to your specific needs. Training sessions will be developed based on your goals, length of program, and your dog or puppy’s current behavior. Issues addressed may include:
- Basic manners such as jumping up and leash pulling
- Obedience commands including come, sit, down, place and heel
- Behavior modification for reactivity, aggression, fear or anxiety
- Positive crate training
- Confidence building
Our Board and Train training program:
- Provides instruction in a home environment while allowing for constant supervision and thorough training
- Teaches the obedience commands heel, come, sit, down, and place
- Offers socialization and playtime with other dogs
- Reaches full off-leash reliability with your dog
- Teaches and proofs all commands in low distractions and high distraction areas including parks and shopping centers
- Teaches you, the owner, to take over the commands when your dog gets home
- Includes six months of follow-up lessons and free group classes for the rest of your dog’s life
During any of our board & train programs, you, the owner, will be actively involved in the training plan. Scheduled appointments will provide you the opportunity to participate and gain familiarity with the training tools and methods before your dog returns home.
We understand how hard it can be to part with your pup. During any of our home-based programs, photos and videos of your dog will be regularly posted on our Facebook page demonstrating their progress. Additionally, we will schedule phone calls to update you directly. And of course, you can reach out to your trainer at anytime with questions.
Not sure which program is right for your dog? Schedule your free evaluation today!